Python | Data Engineer
DHRP are partnering a leading Data Analytics organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Data Engineer. The successful candidate will work within the Data Analytics team to design, implement and maintain efficient data pipelines from both internal and third-party sources.
Our client uses a mix of open source and proprietary tools in a hybrid on-site/cloud environment to create data-driven products and solutions for the largest financial institutions in the world.
- You will partner with business analysts, product managers, and fellow software engineers to build data pipelines and solve data-related problems within the team.
- You will play an instrumental role in building the data architecture and business intelligence infrastructure.
- You will also develop applications and tools for data integration, experimentation, quality, modelling, etc.
- You will be familiar with implementing business intelligence best practices such as dimensional modelling.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related quantitative field, with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, or a similar role
- Python Development experience
- Experience working with Spark and/or Hadoop
- Experience with some of the following areas: Cloud Platform Development, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, and/or REST Service Development
- Deep understanding of code optimization and efficiency
- Knowledge of Scipy, Numpy, Pandas, PyCharm and Sci-Kit Learn
- A passion for working with large, structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in data modelling and schema design
- Expert SQL skills (e.g. MS SQL and PostgreSQL preferred)