IT Support - Database Analyst
Our client a global organisation based in Dublin 2 have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support and Database Analyst to join a busy and growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the IT function within the organisation along with the production of ad-hoc reporting requirements from the business. Our client has a number of operational systems residing on SQL server from which the business will from time to time require specific reports. This is a new opportunity to join a growing team.
- Assist in the documentation of infrastructure / configurations
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all staff across the network.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to supplier or partner organisations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in a designated service desk system
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritising systematically to minimise backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Produce reports from SQL databases to fulfil staff requirements
- Manage maintenance plans for Databases
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the organisations network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of organisations systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Assist with ongoing development of related departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around organisational change management
- Assist with project delivery as required
- Must be customer service orientated
- Must be Solutions oriented and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Must always demonstrate a professional approach in interactions with staff and 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of working in a client support role preferable
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
- A degree in an IT or related field.
- 3-5 years relevant IT/industry experience and/or qualifications/experience in the following areas: WAN, LAN, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SAN's & Firewalls
- Good experience with scripting SQL queries
- Excellent experience using Excel
- Familiarity with ITIL would be an advantage
- Any technical qualifications such as MCSE's would be an asset