Data Migration Manager
Our client are currently undergoing extensive period of exciting change and are looking to recruit a Data Migration Manager to work in within their Shared Services head office. The role’s primary responsibility will be to manage the design, development, transformation and load of identified Data Migration objects of the SSC and Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) projects to ensure that the data is of the required quality to enable effective transacting in the Oracle eBS and OTM systems.
- Manage the migration of data objects from legacy system data extraction, data enrichment and transformation through to successful loading and reconciliation in the Oracle eBS and OTM systems.
- Manage the different resources involved in the data migration activity, including but not limited to IT Team members, Business Unit teams, FSSC teams and FSS and OTM project team members ensuring all participants in the data migration journey are aligned.
- Develop and control work plans to cover the full data migration activity from legacy system data extraction, data enrichment and transformation through to successful loading and reconciliation in the Oracle eBS and OTM systems.
- Manage the delivery of the functional and technical specifications of the data conversion programs.
- Support the data migration requirements of the functional and test teams.
- Coordinate resources in the delivery of the migration projects deliverables against plan including workshops, legacy system data enhancement, design, code, transform, testing, implement and sign off.
- Run migration trials to ensure that there is 100% migration on the final trial.
- Maintain Business Ownership and Engagement throughout the data migration project.
- Provide weekly reports, proactively manage and escalate risks and issue to the Programme Management.
- Manage the design, development and delivery of the data migration strategy for the FSS and OTM projects.
- Ensure that the data is of the required quality to enable effective transacting in the Oracle eBS and OTM systems.
- Relevant 3rd level or similar qualification or technical experience in the relevant subject matter.
- 3-5 year’s experience in a similar role desirable.
- Strong leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Experience in the full data conversion lifecycle including data mapping, data cleansing, extraction, transformation, load and reconciliation.
- Experience in managing similar data migrations to Oracle eBS or similar ERP environments.
- Detail orientated with an ability to anticipate and mitigate risks to project cost, time frame, and quality of project deliverables.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills and an ability to think creatively and generate solutions.
- Experience in leading both business and technical teams.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.