Business Analyst - Analytics
DHRP are partnering a growing Technology company who specialise in the development of SAAS Solutions who are looking to grow their Analytics team with an accomplished Business Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation that has an ambitious growth plan for their global market.
- Work with new clients during the on-boarding/implementation phase and determine operational analytics objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, conducting gap analyses, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Gathers analytics requirements, constructs workflow charts and diagrams, understands system capabilities, and writes specifications
- Improves systems by studying current practices and designs modifications.
- Identifies issues with analytics business requirements and develops ad-hoc solutions
- Defines analytics project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements. Works with engineering and product teams to form project team and establishes the project budget.
- Monitors analytics project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Manages the build of technical references for users by coordinating the writing and maintaining of user documentation, and works with the customer success team in providing support and training users
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepares technical reports for analytics by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, bench-marking state-of-the-art practices, and participates in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- More than four years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Strong customer focus skills to work with users on defining analytics needs, addressing issues, and answering questions
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with SAS, R, or related statistical tools
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, or related BI and data visualization software
- Strong conceptual, analytical critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain several concurrent projects while providing realistic delivery dates and managing customer expectations
- Strong ownership and accountability skills
- Strong initiative and self-starter to work on projects with limited management oversight
- Experience leading and collaborating on projects in a team environment
- Experience writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience developing test plans and scenarios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be willing to travel internationally more than 50% of the time
- Degree in MIS/CIS or business related field