We are currently seeking applications for the position of Tax Analyst with our multinational client. This role will have senior tax reporting & compliance responsibility for a group of European markets reporting to the Group Tax Manager. The work will be primarily US GAAP Tax Reporting, Tax compliance, and local domestic tax audits.
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of tax reporting processes including compliance and especially US GAAP Reporting
- Develop knowledge of major drivers impacting the tax and corporate position of their European Markets.
- Responsible for maintaining SOX controls for all processes relating to their markets.
- Make tax payments.
- Deliver Tax Returns following a standardized methodology, involving significant automation and assembly of final returns using tax return software where possible.
- Work with local advisers to sign off of tax returns based on materiality and risk
- Manage the data requirements for local country tax audit process, both directly and through the co-ordination of other contributors such as finance in-market colleagues, third-party providers and Shared Services.
- Work with European Tax Planners to exercise tax technical skills in making judgments on the tax treatment or tactical approach to be adopted in relation to issues arising in European markets
- Qualified accountant or Tax Accountant
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience in industry or a Big 4 accounting firm Accountant
- Tax and accounting qualification from ACA, ACCA, AITI, CIMA
- Strong Financial Tax Accounting experience preferably US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience in Tax Reporting, especially Year End Consolidation gained in a large accounting firm or commercial environment.
- Delivery of tax compliance processes in more than one country.
- Experience in researching and analyzing European tax issues.
- Experience managing tax compliance and reporting activities across more than one European country is preferred
- Knowledge of the principles of direct taxation and their interaction with reporting processes
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- Proficient in Excel, MS Access
- Practical experience in Financial Systems