Project Manager - Financial Services
DHRP are partnering a global consulting firm who are looking to strategically expand their Finacial Services & Technology consulting practice by hiring Project Managers and Management Consultants who are experienced within driving transformation, productivity and growth. Our client has worldwide resources, deep strategic alliances, and full-spectrum delivery across strategy, implementation, management and operations. Due to continued success our client is looking to strengthen its core Financial Services Consulting and Advisory practice with the appointment of an experienced Project Manager.
- Project management of exciting and challenging projects in the public and private sector.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applying our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Preparing for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimising our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Leading and motivating teams to deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
- Managing day-to-day client interaction.
- Setting and managing client expectations.
- Developing lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Leading and contributing to the development of client proposals.
- Identifying business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Facilitating team and client meetings effectively.
- Holding regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeping project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicating relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivering engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion.
- Understanding how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Professional project management certification
- Ideally 5+ years' experience of managing IT and/or business projects in a financial services environment, preferably in retail/corporate banking or capital markets
- Experience in delivering payments, regulatory compliance, capital markets, reporting or customer systems an advantage
- Experience working in a client facing role, ideally from a consulting / systems integration background highly desirable.
- Excellence communications skills.
- General understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential