We currently have a vacancy for a HR Manager to join a well know organisation in North Dublin.
The HR Manager will have responsibility for the overall HR function of this organisation and will provide leadership in ensuring Human Resources policy and practices are aligned with the organisation’s strategy.
Experience in a Public Sector environment is preferable.
- Develop procedures consistent with the organisation’s strategy, vision and values and ensure that appropriate policies and systems are in place to support changes to meet organisational needs and legislation;
- Lead and manage the organisation’s HR External Service Delivery within the HR Department and manage, through a combination of internal staff and external resources, the cost effective delivery and implementation of a comprehensive HR service to the organisation
- Leading a change management programme to transform the organisational culture
- Manage and develop the human resources function within the organisation to ensure the successful implementation of the organisation’s Strategy
- Development of the management team in line with strategic objectives
- Manage industrial relations with three Union groupings in the organisation to facilitate change
- Development and roll out of HR policies and procedures in line with government policy and the organisation’s
- strategy and objectives
- Participate with the senior management team in the development of organisation’s overall strategy
- To effectively influence thinking at all levels of the organisation in achieving excellence in HR policy and practice through developing and managing progressive human resources strategies in the areas of:
- training and development
- change management and communication
- performance management
- remuneration, pensions and benefits and organisation development
- manage employee relations
- Ensure compliance with employment law
- Manage grievance and disciplinary issues
- Deliver an effective Health & Safety management system for the organisation
- Provide advice and support to senior management on policy and staffing related matters
- To ensure close working relationships with our parent Department on the successful implementation of new initiatives
- Manage all day to day personnel administration matters
- Manage specific projects and other duties as may be required from time to time.
- A relevant third level qualification in a HR/related strategic business discipline is essential.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Be a dynamic and progressive HR professional
- Possess several years’ experience in a senior HR position, with an excellent track record in all facets of the personnel function
- Experience in Strategic Human Resource Management is essential with the ability to perform effectively at both strategic and operational level
- Have a record of team building and the implementation of HR policies that reflect “best practice”
- Have proven planning and organisational skill
- Have excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to exercise sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure