Financial Reporting Manager - Advisory
This is a great opportunity to join a Big 4 Firm's Financial Reporting Team. This role is based in Dublin, but you will be part of a 30 person team across Ireland and the UK which primarily aims to assist engagement teams in addressing accounting technical issues in a constantly evolving financial reporting environment.
This is a high profile position within the firm, assisting engagement teams on some of Ireland's largest companies in a role that involves technical assurance, risk management and compliance. There are also opportunities to work on overseas projects, supporting global teams.
- Ensuring adherence to firm policies in the area of Financial Reporting
- Providing advice/assistance to audit engagement teams on the application of IFRS/Irish GAAP Accounting Standards, Irish Company law and Corporate Governance.
- Manage a portfolio of Technical Financial Reporting Reviews
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior personnel
- Promoting the Financial Reporting Group both internally and externally
- Representing the Firm on internal and external Financial Reporting Technical/Regulatory Committees
- Develop and deliver financial reporting training both internally and externally
- Good communicator, highly articulate with excellent report writing skillsExperience of relationship management at a senior level, negotiating with and influencing senior individuals, both internally and externally
- A genuine interest in IFRS and financial reporting in general
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (particularly IFRS) An ability to think laterally and follow things through Ability to manage and complete, multiple projects within very strict deadlines
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Minimum of 3 year practical experience of auditing or preparing financial statements under IFRS at a plc level
- Very strong knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP and Irish company law
- Experience of applying IAS 32, IAS 39 and IFRS