Finance Effectiveness Senior Manager
Our client is a fast-growing and innovative Consulting house who are looking to expand their Finance and Transformation offering. They provide experience and specialist expertise to organisations of all sizes and across all industries, to help them adapt to their constantly changing and increasingly complex operating environments.
The role will involve delivering finance related engagements to a high standard, leading project teams on assignments, dealing with client issues, providing direction to the team, taking responsibility for the project finances and coaching and developing staff. This is high growth opportunity that will give the successful candidate an opportunity to advance their career whilst working on some very exciting projects across a variety of industries.
- Engaging with current and potential clients and building relationships with them.
- Preparing and submitting finance related proposals.
- Supporting the Finance Team in developing proposition.
- Engaging with other parts of the organisation both in Ireland and internationally
- Winning assignments, particularly in the areas of finance structures, shared services and outsourcing.
- Leading project teams and providing on-the-job learning and coaching.
- Delivering high quality client projects.
- Managing project finances.
- Drafting practical thought leadership articles and publications.
- Supporting business development initiatives.
- Carrying out other ad hoc support and projects.
- Any primary degree, grade achieved at least 2.1
- MBA or further studies – would be desirable
- Qualified Accountant, preferably FCA with Big 4
- Recognised Project Management Qualifications –would be desirable
- 9+ years in a Senior Finance role in a multi-national environment; or 8 years in a financial consulting role ideally in big 4/consulting house.
- Experience of working in and / or with large scale organisations in the Finance function.
- Experience in delivering consulting engagements, including Finance function restructuring, financial reporting and Management Information - proven project management skills are essential
- Excellent understanding of general business practices.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in leading and developing a team for growth.
- Experience in managing a team of resources on multiple assignments running simultaneously.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Comprehensive reporting and presentation skills essential.
- Deep dive expertise in shared services and/or outsourcing, having experience in establishing/operating an SSC and/or outsourcing activity to a 3rd party provider.
- Deep dive expertise in financial reporting, to include budgeting, forecasting and reporting. The candidate will need to be familiar with consolidation reporting tools and leading edge Business Analytics tools.
- Targeted industry expertise includes Pharma, FMCG, Technology & Telecoms and Financial Services.
- Nice to have – deep dive expertise in Treasury systems and processes