Operations Manager - Financial Services
DHRP are excited to exclusively Partner a well know boutique Financial Services firm who are undertaking a period of growth and transformation and as part of that strategy wish to appoint a Operations Manager/ Head of Operations to their growing team. The successful candidate will be part of the leadership team and be responsible for the operations department of the firm with accountability for ensuring that policies and processes are compliant. Responsible for managing the operations team to provide efficient and comprehensive operations delivery to stakeholders at all levels. To be considered you must have extensive experience building a multi-team back-office function in a Financial Institution (MiFID). This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a confident, influential and focused individual who is focused on progressing their career.
- Responsible for managing and building multi teams in a back-office function
- Dealing with self-administered schemes and their assets
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and controls are in place both to achieve quality operational standards, and to ensure compliance with Regulators.
- Manage day to day relationship with any outsourced service providers.
- Monitor data on individual and team output and performance. Address any performance issues and ensure the continual development of individuals within the team
- Developing and managing KPI’s and KRI’s to ensure effective running of your department
- Cultivate a “continuous improvement” culture in his/her department so that all staff is fully conscious of the need to maintain quality and minimise risks and related costs. Ideally using Lean methodology
- Responsible for scoping out projects as part of Systems Development
- Collaborate with middle management on strategic and new opportunities
- Ascertain that his/her team leaders optimise the allocation and flow of work, balancing workloads and staff resources as far as possible.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and growing back-office functions within Financial Services preferably in a MiFID environment
- 3rd level Qualification
- Experience of operational delivery in a financial services firm essential
- Strong experience working with MiFID regulation
- Deep understanding of managing risks and issues within an operational environment
- Strong people management skills
- Good relationship management skills with stakeholders on all levels
- Excellent track record of Managing KPI’s and KRI’s
- Proven track record of using foresight, initiative, and problem-solving capabilities whilst managing a team
- Experience in developing robust processes
- Previous experience working with Senior Management and Stakeholders