Operational Risk Specialist
Our client a leading Financial Services organisation are seeking to appoint two Operational Risk Specialists at Manager & Assistant Manager level to their first line management team in fully addressing their operational risk, continuity & insurance management responsibilities through their respective senior management teams and across their dispersed operating entities.
- Providing a focal point for the first line of defence senior management team on key operational, fraud, continuity & insurance risks
- Supporting first line of defence by working with them to ensure that they discharge their responsibilities fully with respect to key risk areas
- Working closely with the senior management team and enterprise functions to identify, assess and manage fully all operational, fraud, continuity & insurance risks
- Working to ensure consistent reporting standards apply to both the assessment and incident reporting processes across the group first line
- Developing a credible lessons learnt process for sharing key learning points with the first line senior management teams, from either external or internal events or assessments
- Running workshops on key risk areas within the first-line operating entities to address emerging risks or governance issues
- Maintain and support the Enterprise-wide Operational Risk Management Policy and Framework for managing, monitoring and reporting operational risk to best in class standards working closely with the first line management teams
- Ensure day to day reporting is correct and of a high standard
- Support the Segment’s New Products & Initiatives Approval process as it feeds into the Enterprise New Product process.
- Support the Segment’s BCM function
- Report to the Head of Operational Assurance on the adequacy of our systems and reporting framework for measuring and monitoring Operational risk and that relevant corporate governance standards are being complied with.
- Support the Head of Operational Assurance as required in relation to projects or ad-hoc tasks such as FR/FSA reviews & budgets/planning
- Focus on "Training, Awareness & Education" programmes for staff at all levels of the business in relation to Operational Risk management, Continuity & Fraud using Enterprise wide and segment specific material.