Financial Reporting Supervisor
Our client has an immediate opening within their Financial Reporting function. The Financial Reporting Analyst/Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Fund Administration Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Manager, the Analyst/Supervisor will allocate tasks and workload to the Financial Reporting Specialists and Financial Reporting Seniors to ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements, Board of Directors' information packages and dividend calculations
- Undertaking primary responsibility for the provision of fund administration services to his/her allocated clients.
- Day to day management of operations for preparation, review and delivery of statutory reports and board packs.
- Reviewing dividend accruals and payment.
- Planning and monitoring special procedures for the launch of new funds and conversion and liquidation of existing funds.
- Providing an escalation point for clients' queries.
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Attending fund Board of Directors' meetings to present Administrator's Report and answering directors' queries.
- Reviewing and updating department procedures to ensure they are current, complete and reflect best practice.
- Assisting in the evaluation and development of enhancements to the Fund Accounting system to automate procedures for financial reporting purposes.
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing his/her reporting team-members and providing appropriate feedback via periodic meetings and the firms performance appraisal process.
- Assisting in projects to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining a strong familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including UK GAAP, US GAAP, Companies Act, IFRSA Regulations, International Accounting Standards (IAS) and OEIC Statement of Recommended Practice.
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to financial reporting disclosure requirements.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (qualified or part qualified)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a fund administration environment or similar experience in a financial analysis role.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must possess strong reviewing skills.