Our client one of Ireland’s best places to work is looking to appoint a Payroll Manager to join their growing team. The person will work alongside a team of Finance professionals focused on large Corporate and Multinational service offerings.
The service delivery, therefore, demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This is a new role that will offer real progression in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Process payrolls accurately, timely and in accordance with country local requirements. Collating instructions from human resources and various other parties, communicating instructions to payroll providers within agreed Service Levels, reviewing completed payrolls for accuracy prior to payment, payment of net pay, payroll taxes, and all other payroll related disbursements
- Month-end payroll related accounting activities - preparing payroll related journals and accruals and balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with the month end timetable
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and uphold company policies and procedures including worldwide controller’s manual
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies, e.g. Inland Revenue
- Manage the payroll query management system ensuring requests are answered in a timely manner and filed appropriately
- Contribution to the definition and maintenance of key performance indicators under the service partnership agreement with the markets and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
- Evaluate processes, recommend and implement process improvements through projects or quick wins
- Interact successfully with internal and external auditors and support quarter-end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely and accurate data and communication
- Work with external providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees’ e.g. expatriate and international assignments
- Provide assistance on project related activities and ad-hoc requests as required.
- Schedule, participate and facilitate payroll related meetings and presentations and governance meetings with human resources and our single payroll provider
- Experience in a payroll processing role with exposure to international and high volume payrolls
- Knowledge of payroll processing including benefits administration and statutory payroll regulations;
- Familiarity with ROS and EFT processes or their equivalent
- High level of attention to detail and strong initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently, and to take ownership of the role
- A strong sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- A passionate communicator, highly articulate with excellent report writing skills