Financial Reporting Senior Manager
DHRP are partnering a leading organisation in Dublin 2 who are looking to appoint a Financial Reporting Senior Manager to their growing team. The purpose of this role is to provide financial reporting and technical accounting support across the business units and externally to clients, specifically focusing on the financial services sector. This role will also drive external opportunities by winning and delivering financial reporting advisory projects, and ensuring advice provided to clients is of high quality. This role will strengthen the financial reporting offering within our financial services team and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of delivery of both IFRS and Irish GAAP technical services to our clients. This role offers flexible hours/work from home options and will be discussed during the recruitment process.
- Responding to internal technical queries from the financial services audit and assurance team;
- Leading financial services financial reporting advisory projects by winning and delivering client advisory projects;
- Active involvement in financial services business development activities to identify new business opportunities;
- Financial management of clients/projects;
- Reviewing financial statements for compliance with Financial Reporting requirements;
- Training and developing junior team members; and
- Supporting the wider audit and assurance team on other accounting technical matters.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working at a Senior Manager level within a financial services department in a professional services firm or have an appropriate technical background working at a senior level within the banking or insurance industry.
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant accounting standards impacting the financial services sector
- Proven track record of establishing and developing client relationships
- Proven track record of managing and delivering client projects
- The ability to prioritise and organise work, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially report writing skills
- A professional and proactive approach to work
- Works well with others in the team, maintaining high standards of quality and demonstrating a commitment to self-development
- Delivers work to deadlines and keeps relevant parties informed
- Experience managing and coaching junior team members.