Commercial Accountant - Senior Manager - Portfolio Financial Advisor
DHRP are partnering a global firm who are experiencing a Global Finance Transformation and as part of this strategy they are looking to appoint a Portfolio Financial Advisor - Senior Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will manage a team of PFAs focused on the core account and engagement landscape. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to play a leading role in implementing the PFA across the business.
This Service Line Lead will have a deep understanding of the Service Line’s financial performance, stepping in to shape new solutions and focus their efforts where there is the greatest need for their support. He/she will be a key member of Finance Service Line leadership, constantly staying connected with Service Line Leads concerning the key issues.
The PFA Service Line Lead will be part of a growing community as the model is deployed across the globe. Their knowledge and expertise gained in the role will be vital to ensure the successful expansion of the model through sharing lessons learned and supporting global to develop best practices for others to leverage. This is a high profile role that will all real scope for entrepreneurial thinking and career development.
- Co-develop priorities working closely with the Service Line and Finance Lead to maximise financial performance
- Provides deep business insight related to the Service Line’s [engagement level] margin, revenue recognition and inventory performance
- Focus on scenarios and portfolios that are the most complex and material in nature
- Ensure the Service Line PFAs are deployed effectively in order that they optimize and improve financial and commercial outcomes
- Work with Area and Global PFA Lead to shape and/or refine oversight analytics to ensure focus is optimized in their Region
- Foster a positive and collaborative teaming relationship with all leads within the business
- Manage to the team budget and drive recruitment efforts needed to build out a highly effective team
- Provides line management including performance management activities such as goal setting and reviews
- Structures and deploys a training strategy, tailoring the global framework as needed, to strengthen the team’s skills
- Encourages less experienced members of the team to achieve their full potential by identifying stretch opportunities
- Collaborates with other Markets Finance leaders to ensure the success of the overall Markets Finance structure
- Actively leads and encourages sharing knowledge, success stories and overcoming challenges across the PFA community
- Providing financial and commercial guidance and performance management support to members of the PFA team.
- Analysing large quantities of data in order to form and communicate a crisp view of the Service Line [engagement] landscape.
- Updating the Finance Leadership with insights of business trends affecting engagement level performance e.g. pricing, procurement pressures, areas of focus
- Assessing drivers of financial results with a constant focus on improvement and rapid course correction strategies where needed
- Preference for minimum eight to ten years’ experience commercial and/or financial role
- Professional recognised global accounting qualification
- Developed and led the implementation of a strategic initiative
- Extensive people management experience and able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and create high performing teams
- Deep financial acumen and the ability to understand commercial drivers of account performance
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and articulate manner
- Proven ability to build credibility and trust with senior stakeholders across various regions
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to anticipate the needs of the business and deliver accordingly