Senior Business Analyst
DHRP is proud to exclusively partner a leading Financial Services Business who is currently experiencing large scale transformation as part of their growth strategy over the coming year. With this in mind, they are looking to appoint an experienced Business Analyst whose primary objectives will be the provision of business analysis into projects to include development and enhancements of systems and processes. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst looking for their next challenge.
- Working the full lifecycle of programmes involving both Waterfall and Agile development approaches
- Working on large systems and business change programmes, across multiple business areas, through numerous phases of the project lifecycle
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis concepts.
- Producing appropriate documentation to ensure that projects delivers to the needs of the business in an efficient manner
- Visualising and understanding problems in order to develop a number of resolution options. Thinking them through from concept to implementation whilst challenging the business in order to fully understand their needs
- Coach, support and motivate other team members, providing guidance and assistance, as required, to those less experienced in order to meet project objectives and increase the capability of the BA team
- Carry out impact analysis and to produce impact assessments as required
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, chairing and participating in meetings where required
- The role holder will be an experienced individual with strong analytical skills. They elicit the right information, critically analyse and challenge it, in order to deliver the assignment in the most efficient way possible.
- They won’t be phased by the size, number or complexity of analysis tasks assigned to them and will need to manage their own workload, and possibly that of others, providing support and guidance for less experienced colleagues.
- Strong business analysis experience on large scale systems and business change programmes in the financial services industry, across multiple business areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Holistic and analytical thinking
- Negotiation skills, with the ability to compromise
- Able to utilise a variety of techniques and frameworks to deliver results
- Comfortable with engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- An understanding of key programme disciplines and controls
- Experience in the full lifecycle of programmes, preferably involving both Waterfall and Agile development approaches
- Experience in either large financial services or consulting organisation
- The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of financial services products and distribution models
- Proven experience of challenging the needs of the business in order to understand
- Accredited (or partially) with the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis