Senior Application Engineer
DHRP’s client, a leading internationally recognised consultancy are looking to recruit an accomplished Senior Application Engineer. This is a new strategic role within their Global Reporting Centre of Excellence. The vision of the COE is to revolutionise global reporting by innovative process and procedures and by use of cutting edge technology deliver exceptional client service. This is achieved by developing and continuously improving client products, services and opening up new markets. Working with multinational organisations creating centralised audit reports.
The Senior Application Engineer will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and support of individual applications. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of the components. This may also involve providing enhancements and ongoing application support to the deployed application.
The successful candidate will lead the effort of application engineers in the design, development and implementation of an application and all of its components. This involves determining hardware/software systems requirements, leading systems hardware/software design, planning projects, establishing priorities and monitoring progress. This may include coordination with other 3rd parties, vendors, and off shore delivery teams to integrate projects with other applications.
This is a highly innovative role, with the ability to lead the way with thinking on how technology can be used to drive operational efficiency and innovation in the industry. The current solution is based on the Microsoft suite (SharePoint, SQL Server etc.), and there is a large push into mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android), along with some leading edge technologies not yet released into the market. This is a truly exciting role for an ambitious software engineer.
- Identifying and promoting innovative ways of using technology to maximise system and business benefit
- Lead effort to ensure that the modified application components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed.
- Identify new hardware/software technologies to fit specialized business needs and configurations.
- Design and (lightweight) document application components.
- Lead the development and configuration of applications from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to Application Engineers in project management, planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Lead effort in testing, debugging and documenting application.
Application Implementation & Maintenance
- Plan all activities associated with implementation and maintenance of the application.
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to management.
- Lead implementation of application by analysing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- A strong engineering background of approximately 8 - 10 years' experience.
- Expert understanding of the MS Technologies, Angular JS or a Mobile technologies
- Specialist experience in coding and bolting together different solutions
- Proven success in delivering to tight deadlines on global projects