Insurance Sector IT Solutions Architect
DHRP are partnering a leading IT Consultancy who are looking to recruit experienced Solution Architects. As a Senior Solution Architect in IT Advisory, you will be responsible for working with our clients to develop best in class Solution Architecture as part of major and complex client IT programmes of work.
Client Delivery: You will be responsible for leading the Solution Architecture & Design of key strategic programmes for blue-chip clients, ensuring best in class design, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to transform client IT solutions to deliver business value.
Business Development: You will be responsible for providing SME support and client presentations for complex engagements or elements of highly complex programmes that require significant Solution Architecture & Design input and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative insights for clients looking to leverage the latest technology developments to improve their IT service, and contribute to thought leadership.
Due to exceptional growth, they are seeking dynamic and driven individuals at Manager & Senior Manager level to be part of a growing team.
Technical Skills Requirements
You’ll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- Have worked in one or both of the following sectors: Life & Pensions or General Insurance & have experience with tailored Insurance IT and the Data Strategy in this sector
- Previous experience of FS regulatory change i.e. IFRS17, IFRS9, FRS101, Solvency I or II
- A proven track record of driving solution architecture engagements at a detailed level across a broad range of engagements and industries
- Having a track record within a number of large-scale IT programmes, delivering Architecture and Design activities and outputs
- Ideally accreditation and practitioner experience of TOGAF and/or IASA
- Have a track record with a blue-chip consulting or systems integration firm or as a Solution Architecture Lead within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- Be comfortable working with client Senior Management
Outside of core Solution Architecture experience ideally to have experience in one or more of the following: Data Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Integration Architecture and Development Architecture.
- Participate in and, as required, lead ITA solution architecture engagements
- Systems and data re-platforming and integration [ Implementation or Design experience]
- Experience of architecting and/or implementing Financial & Actuarial systems [e.g. Prophet, Aptitude, SAP] and data architectures for insurance companies [Ideally Life and Pensions]
- Experience of Insurance specific software i.e. Guidewire, FADATA, Duck Creek, TIA or any other core policy administration, claims and billing platforms.
- Drive a fit for purpose data architecture aligned with client wider architectural principles, policies and design
- Work with engagement leads to manage solution architecture design milestones, and ensure effective design governance around key data design decisions
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring junior staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITA professionals.
- Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff