Innovation Portfolio Product Manager
DHRP are partnering a progressive IT Consultancy who are looking to recruit a proven Innovation Portfolio Product Manager to provide the interface between their clients, and their Innovation Lab. As an Innovation Portfolio Product Manager, you will be responsible for building valuable relationships with our key clients.
Your responsibilities will be to work with the experienced Lab engineering teams to manage the delivery of client-driven innovation projects working with cutting-edge specialist technology in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Automation and Machine Learning.
You will be responsible for leading the elicitation, evaluation and definition of Innovation programmes for blue-chip clients, ensuring best in class design, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to deliver innovation project proposals to deliver business value.
You will also be responsible for managing stakeholders and project portfolio to ensure the right innovation balance in terms of payback time and risk profile.
Drawing on your skills and experience, you will be responsible for creating thought leadership points of view and innovative insights for clients looking to leverage the latest technology based on the learnings of the lab.
You will give definition to the approach to Innovation Product Portfolio Management within the lab, ensuring good governance.
- Manage a portfolio of innovation initiatives
- Manage stakeholders and project portfolio to ensure the right innovation balance in terms of payback time, risk profile, etc.
- Drive a fit for purpose Innovation Portfolio Management approach within the Innovation Lab
- Develop our Innovation service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITA Architecture professionals
- Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and lead staff in workplace policies and procedures
- A proven track record of project delivery and analysis
- A proven ability to run client workshops and discussions to generate, evaluate and prioritize ideas and further workout and scope innovation projects
- Ability to write innovation project proposals, including scope, budget, timing and technical feasibility
- Have a proven ability to manage a portfolio of initiatives across a broad range of engagement and industries
- Having a track record of delivery of innovation initiatives taking ownership of activities and outputs
- Have experience in Agile methods and delivery
- Understanding, or experience with design thinking
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
- Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Utilities, Banking, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Public Sector, Health, Transport
- Ideally, you will have experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Scrum, Product Management, Business Analysis, Business Case Development, IT Project Management.