Analytics Specialist - Industry Opportunity
DHRP are currently partnering a Multinational Global Leader who are looking to expand their Analytics Division by appointing and experienced Analytics Specialist. As an Analytics Specialist in their EMEA Regional Analytics Team, you will interact with stakeholders in the EMEA region to:
- Understand and develop opportunities for data analytics projects
- Establish data analytics project scope and requirements
- Develop a deep knowledge of core systems to locate appropriate project data
- Extract, transform and load data for use in data analytics models
- Produce data analytics models using relevant statistical methods
- Demonstrate data analytics models and data driven recommendations to end users
You will be expected to understand the alignment between business strategy and information requirements and undertake the following activities:
- Participate in ideation, hypothesis formulation, project definition and business case development
- Data discovery, data preparation, data mining, model development & analysis, options assessment and recommendations
The combined understanding of business strategy and information requirements are utilised to improve customer service, reduce cost, reduce risk, improve cash flow, improve compliance, data driven process improvements and enhanced service levels for this client.
- Collaborate with the Global Analytics teams to understand and support global priorities as needed, adopt and help shape methodology, share information on regional needs, report on project progress and status, and help shape best practices.
- Engage stakeholders to understand regional business strategy and priorities and make a correlation to requirements for analytics and reporting.
- Participate in a process of ideation – to promote a culture that values listening and exploring ideas from anyone, anywhere, anytime. Attend lean business cases for ideas, and help determine ranges of potential value (revenue, cost, compliance) to the Company, and define analytical projects to verify hypotheses.
- Find data to support analytical projects, and prepare data to support the development of information models to prove or disprove project hypotheses.
- Use tools such as SAP BI, Spotfire and SPSS to design and develop operational reports and analytical models including advanced techniques such as forecasts, simulations, and optimizations. Draw conclusions, options, and recommendations. (Training will be provided on tools being used)
- Support realization of value and sustaining analytical activities, which seek to embed analytical tools within business processes.
- Promote a culture of analytics – an environment that places high value on using information in real-time to make fact-based decision making as a differentiator and competitive advantage.
- Stay current with industry best practices and trends.
- Bachelors or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business Information Systems, Computer Science/MIS, Finance/Accounting, Engineering or Science
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated expertise in using information to analyze business performance, identify opportunities and solve problems.
- An analytical problem solver: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data
- A data visualizer and coder: Ability to identify and visualize relationships within large, not obviously related data sets. Knowledge of tools such as SQL, Oracle, Spotfire, Tableau, R, SPSS
- A statistician: Familiarity with linear algebra and matrix algorithms is a plus. Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems is a plus with experience in clustering, associative techniques, neural networks, regression analysis, optimization & simulation modelling.
- Persistent and driven: Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge
- Passionate: passion for quantifying human-driven systems and exploring those systems using data visualization techniques is a must
- Collaborative: demonstrated experience applying excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills working with global and cross-functional teams towards common goals, realizing that the best results come from the combined efforts of diverse teams
- Knowledge and experience with SAP modules such as Finance, HR, Sales and Distribution, plus knowledge of information management practices, standards and principles, and 6 Sigma is highly desirable