R&D Tax Manager
Location: Cork City Centre. Type: Permanent. Salary: Negotiable. Reference# DH100200
DHRP are partnering a leading Tax Practice in Dublin who are looking to expand their team by appointing an experienced Manager to join their R&D Tax practice. This role will suit candidates coming from either Practice or Industry
- Lead and continue to develop our market leading R&D practice in the Munster region
- Working in a cross functional team environment to complete R&D tax credit claims for small, medium and large companies with responsibility for managing a significant portfolio of R&D compliance and advisory clients
- A key requirement of the role will be the identification and conversion of business opportunities
- Management and playing an active role in the performance appraisal process of a multidisciplinary team including; tax, accounting and engineering technical team members
- Successfully developing and managing client relationships
- Assisting R&D team in providing advice to clients on a wide range of advisory projects, including attendance at meetings, liaising with clients technical leads, and review of documents
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Liaising with Revenue – particularly with respect to R&D tax audits
- Managing the gathering of technical information by our technologists from our clients R&D Engineers/Development team
- Drafting technical reports detailing qualifying R&D projects
- Planning, organising and executing R&D engagements on time and within budget.
- Developing an understanding of scientific/engineering technical requirements of the various Irish R&D incentive programmes
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent) Member of the Irish Taxation Institute or equivalent would be desirable but not essential
- Two to five years PQE, including some time at manager grade or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of tax, particularly R&D related tax relief or willingness to learn.
- Excellent team leading, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate should be a confident and self assured, self directed, motivated and energetic team player.
- Excellent presentation, report writing skills.
- Proven, exceptional project management skills to ensure work is delivered on time and within budget
- Proven business development and negotiation skills.
- Interest in or experience of technology/ engineering/ life science industry.