R&D Manager/ Senior Manager
DHRP are partnering a leading Tax Practice in Dublin who is looking to expand their team by appointing an experienced Senior Manager to join their Tax practice to develop and grow the R&D offering. This role will suit candidates coming from either Practice or Industry. This is a unique opportunity to develop a new business offering within a leading organisation.
- Lead and continue to develop our market leading R&D practice
- Working in a cross functional team environment to complete R&D tax credit claims for small, medium and large companies with responsibility for managing a significant portfolio of R&D compliance and advisory clients
- A key requirement of the role will be the identification and conversion of business opportunities
- Management and playing an active role in the performance appraisal process of a multidisciplinary team including; tax, accounting and engineering technical team members
- Successfully developing and managing client relationships
- Assisting team in providing advice to clients on a wide range of advisory projects, including attendance at meetings, liaising with clients technical leads, and review of documents
- Researching and resolving technical queries from clients
- Liaising with Revenue – particularly with respect to R&D tax audits
- Growing and developing a team
- Drafting technical reports detailing qualifying R&D projects
- Planning, organising and executing R&D engagements on time and within budget.
- Developing an understanding of scientific/engineering technical requirements of the various Irish R&D incentive programmes
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent) Member of the Irish Taxation Institute or equivalent would be desirable but not essential
- Two to five years PQE, including some time at manager grade or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of tax, particularly R&D related tax relief or willingness to learn.
- Excellent team leading, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate should be a confident and self-assured, self-directed, motivated and energetic team player.
- Excellent presentation, report writing skills.