Risk Operations Manager
Our client, a global Professional Services firm are looking for an experienced professional to join their growing Risk Operations Team. The team are responsible for independence, conflict checks, client take on, anti-corruption, Anti Money Laundering, Enterprise Risk Framework monitoring and ethics.
The successful candidate will join the Risk Operations Team, helping the organisation comply with its independence obligations. The successful candidate will help foster a culture of compliance, including running many aspects of independence operations and compliance activities. These include supervision of the financial interest monitoring system, oversight for all independence declarations including responsibility for running the organisations annual independence declaration process, supervision of the personal independence testing program, assisting with the monitoring and maintenance of restricted entity data and service requests in the system, as well as assisting with other operations and compliance activities and projects.
Being an internal facing role, the successful candidate will work with various service lines and get exposure to a range of Senior Management. You will have every opportunity to develop a highly rewarding profile within the organisation. You would also develop a niche and specialised knowledge in compliance and independence policy, as well as learning how a compliance function operates, and enhancing your knowledge on compliance systems and operations.
- Understanding and implementing the organisations global policies and guidance relating to personal Independence, and business relationships.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the firm’s service lines risk teams, marketing teams, and other member firm independence teams.
- Managing and responding to queries from internal and client facing teams on business relationship and on personal independence matters ensuring queries are answered within the required timeframe, informing other staff of consultations they are responsible for, and ensuring that consultations are filed promptly and appropriately.
- Reviewing and approving business relationship requests working with the independence senior manager.
- Applying judgment to understand independence system search results and to distinguish relevant search matches. Accumulating the search results and applying policy to conclude on business relationship requests.
- Involvement in or managing other Risk and Compliance projects or activities.
- Assisting in various risk operations activities and projects as they arise
- Preparing and collating training materials
- Input into the Independence & Conflicts teams strategic direction
- Involvement in other independence projects work that may arise
- Development of tools and templates to support the Irish firm.
- Experience in professional services
- Knowledge and prior experience in independence and / or compliance would be highly regarded, preferably from a large professional services firm
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory bodies (e.g. CAI/IAASA/PCAOB/SEC) and their role in the accounting profession
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency/prioritization and know when to seek guidance
- Able to apply critical thinking in evaluating different business scenarios/outcomes
- Knowledge of corporate structures and financial products