Quantitative Risk Analytics & Advisory - Senior Manager
DHRP are partnering a leading Professional Services & Management Consultancy organisation who work with some of the most recognised Financial Services organisations on their Risk policy & governance. Their consultants cover a range of specialties including growing profitability for clients, managing risk, reducing costs and transforming organisations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team whose objective is to provide high quality tailored technology risk services to clients.
As a Quantitative Advisory Senior Manager you will build valued relationships with external Financial Services clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities. You will lead presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Drawing on your skills and experience, you'll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You will package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems.
Driving improvements in business processes, you will make sure that project teams understand and comply with standards, adhering to quality and risk measurement guidelines. As a respected senior professional you will communicate effectively with stakeholders and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies.
- Provide subject matter expertise across a variety of quantitative engagements
- Perform a project leadership role on credit risk assignments, including negotiating scope and budgets, managing and contributing to delivery, performing technical review of work completed and ensuring deliverables meet both client expectations and internal standards.
- Develop new market offerings and propositions in the financial risk banking sector
- Contribute to and leading proposals for advisory and assurance work
- Liaising internally with other internal teams and service lines in Ireland, the UK, Europe and globally
- Perform overall quality & technical review of work delivered by the Financial Services Risk team
- Develop and enhance financial models, including credit risk, IRB and provision models
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to partners and clients
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within advisory and across other services.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training.
- Multi-tasking - ability to deal with different engagements, thought leadership, proposals and people matter at the same time
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills.
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff.
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor’s degree in computational Finance, mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or Physics preferred
- Statistical and numerical techniques
- C++/Visual Basic/Excel routines and analytical programming requirements
- Experience working in a financial product development environment developing and/or validating models for the banking sector including balance sheet assessment, capital risk management and stress testing
- Knowledge of credit risk products, methodologies, and financial analytics including an understanding of the key concepts of risk measurement
- Strong financial and risk understanding evidenced through practical experience, including a working knowledge of Basel III/CRD IV and IFRS9
- A desire to develop and integrate quantitative skills within a required scope of designing and implementing business services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data modelling competence (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and industry tools such as SAS