DHRP are partnering a leading healthcare organisation who is looking to appoint a Procurement Manager. The purpose of the role is to ensure the organisation is obtaining best value in their supply chain. The Procurement Manager is responsible for the provision of quality commercially-focused procurement and contract management services across the Organisation. As a key member of the frontline management team, the Procurement Manager will drive value for money in all purchasing activities, demonstrate managerial and leadership skills and collaborate effectively with colleagues across all departments. The manager requires a constant drive for improvement and cost savings in the supply chain, a strategic approach to the development of procurement services and vendor relationships and a commitment to continuous quality improvement and management of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and services, including those related to capital construction projects.
- Liaise closely with COO in respect of procurement of all clinical products/ services; liaise closely with department heads on a regular basis in ascertaining their procurement requirements.
- Lead Value for Money Initiatives.
- Define Procurement Information Systems enhancement requirements, in conjunction with CIO, to support and meet the needs of both Procurement and organisation, while looking to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Provide high quality and timely procurement reports to relevant departments and senior management; prepare annual service and operational reports on the procurement function.
- Advise on all relevant Capital Projects.
- Participate in any relevant committees.
- Manage the Health & Safety requirements and any Risk Management issues of the department.
- Develop vendor relationships to ensure all deliverables; cost, quality, technical support, process control, logistics and the overall service levels are achieved with continuous improvements.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of suppliers to ensure that all parties re complying with contractual terms.
- Manage reporting metrics and preparation of forecasts and budget.
- Identify the best in class procurement model for the organisation based on purchase classification, market analysis, and strategic positioning.
- Manage and direct the end to end Request For Proposals (‘RFP’) process; direct and participate in the preparation of RFPs; analyse RFP responses; negotiate and develop favourable agreements and contract terms, securing discounts where possible; recommend contract awards to selected bidders; draft contractual agreements and prepare/present contractor recommendations as appropriate to management for approval
- Procure high value hospital equipment
- Act as a specialist buyer for certain goods and services, as may be required.
- Support colleagues directly involved in the procurement process.
- Authorise orders over a specified value.
- Identify and select relevant areas of non-pay expenditure for contractual opportunities.
- Design and ensure compliance with appropriate procurement processes regarding all contracts, within the context of established best practice.
- Interpret policies, laws and regulations re contracting processes; ensure that Procurement complies with JCI standards as well as the requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Manage and direct ongoing contract administration activities; provide management oversight of day-to-day purchasing and warehouse functions; review and approve new term agreements and blanket purchase orders if applicable; promote the standardisation of equipment and supplies whenever possible.
- Negotiate and manage rental/lease agreements; negotiate and manage cooperative agreements with other organisations as authorised.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant national and international procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Develop and implement Inventory Management policies and procedures to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Develop and set inventory stock levels and the active monitoring and management of same.
- Continuously review and evaluate the work flow process pertaining to the requesting, receipting, processing, picking and delivery of goods.
- Provide management and leadership for the Stores team and ensure an effective learning environment taking an active part in the delivery of services as appropriate.
- Promote an environment that is conducive to the development of best practice, enhances staff retention and promotes good industrial relations.
- Maintain a high level of staff morale, promoting good communication, team spirit and job satisfaction among members of the multidisciplinary team. Strive to ensure that staff is accountable, responsible and have authority to practice and manage within their roles.
- Play a role in the recruitment and selection of staff for the service.
- Ensure that all new staff in the Department receives an adequate orientation and induction programme, have a clear understanding of their duties, responsibilities and standards of performance at all times.
- Ensure that the team are effectively supported with annual reviews and the development of personal development plans.
- Provide a duty roster that ensures resources are deployed effectively and efficiently to cope with fluctuations in workload, complexity, adequate skills mix, planned Department activity or staff absence difficulties.
- Comply with all HR system and policy requirements including recording of relevant data
- Establish a formal mechanism for communication among the team including schedules for staff meetings.
Learning and Education
- Provide professional and personal development opportunities for all staff working with the relevant Learning and Education specialists to develop an appropriate programme of learning and education based on a planned (individual, department and organisation) training needs assessment.
- Maintain accurate records of all study leave and education resources used.
- Develop and implement an enhanced staff competence assessment relevant to the Department.
- Facilitate study days and leave, in accordance with the organisations Study Leave Policy and within budgeted allowances.
- IIPM Degree in Procurement and Supply Management (or equivalent)
- 5+ years post qualification experience
- Experience operating in a complex, fast paced environment
- Management and Leadership skills
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management
- IT Skills (particular focus on MS Excel & MS Access)
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Results Orientated
- Analytical Skills
- Management qualification
- Healthcare experience