Mergers & Acquisitions – Managers & Senior Managers
DHRP are currently partnering a progressive international professional services firm on their recruitment of experienced Mergers & Acquisitions Professionals to join their Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Team on a number of levels. The M&A team advises on business reviews, acquisitions, disposals, MBO’s/MBI’s, financing, takeovers and mergers. This team has a wide range of major clients and advises on business reviews, acquisitions, disposals, MBO’s/MBI’s, financings, takeovers and mergers. The M&A Team has had a successful year completing a significant number of deals with high profile clients. They are now seeking to build on this success and grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of M&A professionals with a strong commercially focused record of achievement.
M&A Advisory professionals focus on building strong relationships which will ultimately help their clients reach their potential. The group is seeking to recruit Managers, Senior Managers & Associate Directors who will be able to build on their current M&A commercial experience to lead a number of diverse and demanding assignments. Due to the variety of services we provide to our clients, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
Working with a Partner or Director, you will be leading the execution of transactions
Mergers & Acquisitions | Due Diligence | Mergers, Buyouts & Disposals | Strategic Advise
- Negotiate with counterparts and their advisers
- Lead the development of pitch documents and taking a lead role in client pitches
- Develop your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term
- Play an important role in the growth and development of the whole team
- Set and drive the transaction timetable
- Ensure quality on all client deliverables, lead the management of the firm's risk and control costs against budget
- Support new business development
- Develop deep sector expertise and assume responsibility for the development of business in those sectors
- Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
- Strong experience in a corporate finance environment, including experience playing a lead role in executing transactions
- Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, practiced at thinking clearly under pressure and experienced at maintaining team morale during lengthy and challenging transactions
- Sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet'. Ability to identify potential deal opportunities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements
- Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate
- Extensive experience in building financial models and valuing businesses within challenging timescales
- Experience in valuing companies using various methodologies, mainly precedent transactions, traded comparable companies
- Counselling/coaching experience is desirable
- High standard of spoken and written English is a prerequisite
- Provide leadership to junior team members producing Information Memoranda, financial models and other transaction documentation
- Take ownership and responsibility for one or more team functions such as, training, people development, quality, finances etc
Client Engagement Responsibilities
- Act as the main contact point for clients during the transaction process
- Liaise with and advise clients on transaction strategy including tactics, deal structuring and negotiation strategy, providing genuine sector and transaction insight and displaying deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions
- Ensure client deliverables are delivered to an exceptional standard on time, managing counterparts and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are me.
- Have an ACA, ACCA or relevant qualification
- Have strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or M&A experience
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Have strong IT skills, to an advanced level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have project management skills
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required
This client offers significant support to its employees in achieving their potential both personally and professionally. They offer challenging and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while they encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, they support you in your professional development in every way they can. Candidates will enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters in their business and personal lives. Candidates will be free to express their point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever they are in the world.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a M&A professional, you will help clients evaluate structure and execute their most important deals. You will work in a dynamic, forward looking environment; in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You will have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena.