Forensic Accountant and Discovery Services - Senior Manager
Location: Dublin . Type: Permanent. Salary: Negotiable. Reference# DH100133
DHRP are currently partnering a progressive international professional services firm on their recruitment of an experienced Senior Manager for their Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services team. This team has a wide range of major clients and work closely with the firms IT Forensics, eDiscovery, and Forensic Data Analytics teams. This role will be primarily focused in the areas of corruption, fraud and other investigations, commercial disputes, business integrity assignments, transaction disputes, fraud prevention and compliance programme development.
The majority of their clients are in the greater Dublin area. However, there will be numerous opportunities to take part in global assignments which may require travel to many different countries
- Participate in Fraud Investigation & Dispute engagements
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training of associate professionals
- Maintain and follow workplace policies and procedures
RequirementsThis client offers significant support to its employees in achieving their potential both personally and professionally. They offer challenging and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while they encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, they support you in your professional development in every way they can. Candidates will enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters in their business and personal lives. Candidates will be free to express their point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever they are in the world.
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and financial information
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations).
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates).
- Documentation, disclosures required by local laws and regulations and e-discovery.
- Understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and financial information.
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges.
- Analyzing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications.
- Technical requirements and implications of expert testimony.
- Preparation of expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence.
- Supporting expert in oral testimony and cross examination.
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals).
- Competition disputes, intellectual property and brand integrity disputes, insurance claims, audit malpractice defence and product recall disputes.
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes.
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts
- Working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Risk management
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject).
- A professional accountancy qualification desirable, but not essential.
- Simultaneously handling diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations.
- Skills in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint.