DHRP a partnering a large multinational firm who is looking to recruit a Finance Manager to assist the Financial Controller with the overall responsibility for the delivery of monthly close activities across a wide range of accounting services, including oversight of four team leads and twelve indirect reports. This is an exceptional opportunity that has great scope for career progression
- Month End/Quarter End Close: manage the execution of the monthly fiscal close process of the Ireland legal entities within service level agreements (SLAs) and tight deadlines. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Managing of month end close process including the posting of all fixed asset, payroll, accrual and prepayment transactions
- Recording all intercompany cash accounting entries
- Recording of third party related revenue and bank transactions
- Managing a complex intercompany close process
- SOX review: Support the team with Journal Entry and Reconciliation review activity using workflow tools , ensuring the pass Internal Control testing as well as third party SOX compliance testing. Ensure integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial accounting data.
- Financial Statement Reporting: In direct liaison with the client prepare and finalize the completion of the EUR and USD Financial Statements for multiple entities leveraging a statutory accounting software package. Provide mapping details to auditors and address any queries. In addition oversee preparation of statistical reporting as required.
- New scope activities/Business Partnering: Assist in the transition and stabilisation of new scope activities, necessitating planning, workshadow, implementation, training and documentation of tasks. Responsible for identifying and driving forward process improvement initiatives both local and global and internal and client facing
- Team Lead : Lead, train, motivate and build a strong team. Ensure that staff needs including training and development are identified and acted upon
- University Degree in business, finance or equivalent qualification would be preferable.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum 5 years financial/statutory accounting experience including having played a central role in a financial reporting or statutory accounting team, demonstrating ability to prepare management and financial accounts to external audit, SOX and Internal Controls and Compliance standard.
- Multinational and Multicurrency experience a distinct advantage
- Good working knowledge of an ERP system; SAP experience would be an advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel as well as proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint.