Data Protection Consultant
DHRP are partnering a leading Advisory firm who are looking to grow their team by appointing a Privacy Consultant who will work with a growing team on a range of Data Protection and Regulation advisory projects.
Excellent project and team management skills are a must, as the role will involve the project management and resourcing of multiple and concurrent assignments. The position will involve managing client relationships and ensuring client satisfaction.
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing area in professional services. The successful candidate will be part of a strong privacy consulting team working in a dynamic and ever changing technical environment.
It represents an excellent opportunity for an individual with previous consulting experience, or an individual who has worked as in a Data Protection or Privacy Compliance role and would like the challenge of transitioning to a consulting role.
- Simultaneously managing multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Providing advice to clients on data protection and GDPR compliance
- Supporting all aspects of client engagement from scope definition to delivery
- Conducting scoping meetings and developing tailored solution project plans for clients
- Oversight of fieldwork including management, guidance and review of junior staff
- Drafting plans and reports including proposed solutions and recommendations
- Plan, analyse and interpret information using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Concisely summarise the results of analysis undertaken (verbal and written)
- Contribute to the management of client engagement using project management skills
- Identify challenges, risks, problems and opportunities
- Liaise and maintain contact with staff at all levels of client organisations
- Contributing to the development and training of staff
- Contributing to the continued development of the privacy consultancy
- Support business development, including preparation of proposals and tender responses
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Understanding of data protection law and regulation and how to apply it within the business.
- Relevant Privacy or Data Protection qualifications (e.g. CIPP/E; CIPT; CDPO, etc.)
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in providing privacy advice, consultancy or delivering solutions, either within a large organisation or to a variety of smaller organisations; or
- Experience working in a data protection or privacy compliance role, including compliance with privacy legislation.
- A thorough understanding of the Data Protection Act 1998, as well as the EU GDPR and its implications for business and other organisations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven success in team management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must multitask and have experience in project management
- Strong business development skills
- Broad knowledge of information security, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to manage client relationships.
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation and project management skills.