Corporate Finance Manager/Senior Manager
DHRP are partnering a leading Deals firm in Dublin who pride themselves on assisting clients to make a better and more informed decision about how they manage capital and transactions in a changing world. They are looking to appoint a Manager and Senior Manager to the join growing team to help advise clients on how to preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives. If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge with exceptional scope for progression please don’t hesitate to contact Suzanne on 01 6877160 for more details.
Scope of the role
- Due to the variety of services we provide to our clients, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility, and innovation.
- Leading teams or parts of teams within the business as well as other departments both in Ireland
- Manage assignments by defining the scope and in consultation with Assistant Directors, Directors or Partners ensure that assignments are executed in compliance with our policies and protocols.
- Understanding the client’s needs, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
- Leading the day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations.
- Responsibility for providing support, maintaining communication and updating both junior and senior members, as required.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships.
- Assisting in managing the financial aspects of assignments by organising staffing, tracking fees, and communicating issues to assignment leaders.
- Demonstrating professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams.
- Participating in business development initiatives.
- Building strong internal relationships within other service lines.
- Actively building your own network of contacts with work providers.
- Understanding the capabilities of the firm and looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to assignments to achieve the best solution.
- As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing more junior members of staff as well as providing constructive feedback on both a formal and informal basis.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training our professionals.
- Maintain an education program to continually develop personal and technical skills.
- Experience of working on and a strong technical knowledge of the following areas;
- Due diligence
- Mergers, buyouts, and disposals
- Business modeling
- Business planning
- Strategic advice
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and the ability to identify potential areas of sensitivity.
- Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions.
- Experience in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients.
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification with a minimum of one-year relevant post qualifying experience
- Insolvency qualification not essential but desirable
- Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry experience
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Strong IT skills, to an advanced level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required