Data Analytics Consultant
Outstanding opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a progressive & successful Data Analytics team of a Global Management Consultancy. This Management Consultancy is focused on how to respond to changing industry dynamics and position clients for future success. They work with businesses, government agencies and other public service organizations to develop the informatics and predictive analytic capabilities needed to outperform in these fast-changing times. They personally lead and manage the design, development, implementation and management of next-generation informatics and advanced analytics solutions. Analytics enables their clients to achieve high performance through insights from data - insights that inform better decisions and strengthen customer relationships. From strategy to execution, this client works with organizations to develop the analytic capabilities - from accessing and reporting on data to predictive modelling - to outperform the competition.
As part of their Analytics group within Management Consultancy, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a rapidly growing and dynamic global analytics team, driving significant business growth, with opportunities to specialise in both industry - specific and functional - specific analytics.
Supporting clients who seek to develop their predictive capabilities and to integrate the business value of predictive analytics into the fabric of business decision making in order to improve their business, this includes the design, creation and delivery of value provided by the application of:
- A rigorous, fact-based appraisal of industry performance drivers and competitive dynamics.
- The application of innovative as well as established analytical tools to devise a clearly articulated strategy.
- Advanced analytic skills (e.g. statistical analysis, predictive analytics, data mining, etc.)
- Support delivery of client work and development of new client opportunities with both existing clients and prospective new clients.
- Take a rigorous and structured approach to identifying and solving client problems.
- Structure and perform complex financial analyses and develop business cases in conjunction with industry and/or opportunity analyses.
- Provide specific guidance to and manage work effort of consultants and analysts on client engagements to ensure that the focus is correct and the work is accomplished on time, and meets or exceeds the highest quality standard.
- Educate clients and team members from outside the Analytics practice on end-to-end services and software solutions that integrate the business value of predictive analytics into the fabric of business decision making.
- Structure and develop client communications, when necessary guiding client teams through difficult paradigm shifts.
- Conduct work in such a way that the results are both of distinctive quality and useful to the client in terms of improving competitive positioning.
- Develop innovative thought leadership and contribute to the creation of points of view on new client Analytics offerings and insights.
- A proven track record in the development and implementation of data analytical models and solutions
- Experience with data, visualisation, software tools and modelling techniques and familiarity with the application of predictive analytics and forecasting to real world problems
- Proficient in analytics technologies including R, SPSS, SAS
- Knowledge of Customer, Risk and Fraud analytics domains
- Proven problem analysis and problem solving skills; Excellent numerical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to convey technology and business value propositions
- Good listening skills, and an ability to ask questions and probe to uncover issues
- Able to explain complex concepts in non-technical language
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and prioritised based on the requirements of the business.
- Minimum 3 year’s (for Consultant level) and 7 year’s (for Managers level) relevant industry experience, specifically Insurance, Financial Services and Government sectors
- Educated to Bachelor's Degree level at a minimum; Quantitative degree preferred
- Prior Consulting experience an advantage.