Regulatory & Compliance Manager
Our client, a leading organisation in Dublin City Centre has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Consultant/ Manager to join their Risk and Regulatory team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the drive and determination to help develop the Regulatory Compliance service line within the business. The chosen candidate will be innovative in understanding and applying our current capabilities. The purpose of this role is to provide compliance and regulatory advice to a broad range of Financial Services clients.
The team specialise in the provision of regulatory consulting services. This includes once off advisory support, regulatory project support and technical support. The ever increasing level of regulation to be complied with by our clients has resulted in a significant demand for these services and hence this is a marked area of growth for our client.
- Provision of technical expertise to assist a broad range of clients to manage their relevant regulatory requirements
- Active involvement in developing new business opportunities and working closely with other departments to aide this
- A key role in planning and managing projects as required, meeting all deadlines in a timely manner
- The interpretation and implementation of regulations
- Developing a compliance framework
- Developing compliance policies and procedures
- Reviewing client documentation in relation to regulatory requirements
- Provision of monitoring or internal audit services specific to compliance with regulatory requirements
- On call advisory
- Secondments to client Compliance Functions
- Design and delivery of regulatory training tailored to meet client’s needs etc.
- Ideally a minimum of 1 years (in the case of a Senior Consultant) 2 years (in the case of a Senior Consultant) compliance or regulatory experience within a Financial Services environment, either as part of a Financial Services Institution, or in an advisory, law or business consulting capacity
- Strong technical knowledge in regulation and Financial Regulator rules and guidance procedures
- A detailed understanding of aspects of current regulation with an ability to develop a specialism in other areas/new of regulation
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and progress in conjunction with other team members
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Outstanding communication (both spoken and written) and people skills
- Demonstrated outstanding planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
- Third level qualification in related area
- Professional Diploma in Compliance - Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland (ACOI), or other is desirable
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) are desirable