Group Treasury Risk Manager
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Group Treasury Risk Manager to join the Financial Risk function of a leading Financial Services Institution. The Financial Risk function is organised around five teams, including Treasury Risk, Wholesale Credit Risk, Balance Sheet, Financial Models Risk and Financial Change. Reporting to the Group CRO, Financial Risk is responsible for providing second line of defence assurance to the Board in regard to the integrity of the financial risk management control framework, the validity of financial risk models and ongoing policy compliance. A vacancy now exists at Manager level on the Treasury Risk team.
Treasury Risk is responsible for the monitoring, assessment and challenge of market risk in the Treasury business. The team actively engages with the Front Office and GT Risk Management to ensure Financial Risk has a full appreciation of the risk-taking strategy, confirming that the material market risks are being identified, measured, monitored and reported to Group standards.
- To actively engage with Treasury Front Office and Risk (the first line of defence) to ensure Financial Risk (FR) has a full appreciation of the risk-taking strategy, the risk profile and valuation dynamics being assumed by the business
- To monitor the evolving Front Office risk positions and financial performance by reference to the various risk and performance reports received, financial market dynamics and available IT architecture
- To independently report and advise on the adequacy of the market risk control framework with respect to policy, measurement and reporting to the Financial Risk Governance Forum. To improve the department’s risk assurance capability by expanding the existing control and monitoring activity to include periodic in-depth portfolio/activity reviews (for the Treasurers within your portfolio). To enhance the monthly Risk Report with commentary and analysis of the underlying positions in the context of market movements
- To review and document the quality of the monthly Risk Adjustments process, bringing any control or measurement issues to the attention of FR management. To monitor the collateral management process, particularly as an indicator of market stress. To review the findings of Internal Audit reports where they relate to activities within your portfolio
- To support the development of a comprehensive set of risk management tools, such as stress-testing, early warning tools, feedback loops, etc. To collaborate with the business in the review and evaluation of new products
- To support the development and dissemination of Group market risk policy framework, ensuring it remains aligned with the Treasury business profile and evolving industry and regulatory practices. To periodically benchmark the internal framework against alternative/external models.
- To engage, as necessary, with the other control partners (Finance, Compliance and Audit) in the oversight of the Group’s market risk portfolio
- 5-7 years experience in financial markets, either from a control or trading perspective
- Highly numerate with strong academic record (very good quantitative degree or Masters in economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering)
- Excellent Market Risk knowledge with experience in developing and establishing controls and procedures in a financial services environment (practices, processes and systems)
- Excellent knowledge of Treasury products and portfolio risk measurement techniques is essential
- Knowledge of the various industry-accepted market risk techniques including Value at Risk, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the macro economic environment & how this impacts of the Treasury business
- Strong proficiency with Excel and preferably some experience with SQL and/or VBA.