Fund Accountant - Senior
A leading provider of financial services for the hedge fund industry is currently seeking a senior fund accountant to join their team. Reporting to an Officer, the successful candidate will work as a senior member of the Fund Accounting team in the completion of accurate Net Asset Value (NAV) of a fund to strict deadlines. This role is an excellent opportunity to enhance your knowledge of complex hedge fund structures operating in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Assist team members in meeting their individual objectives.
- Accurate and timely completion of the Net Asset Value Review and ensure all positions are priced correctly.
- Review that corporate actions have been processed accurately Review fund capital activity processing.
- Liaise and assist with audit queries ensuring timely completion of annual financial accounts.
- Review of cash and position reconciliations of listed and derivative products ensuring timely resolution of all reconciling items Review of accounting transactions for accuracy.
- Responsible for training and development of staff.
- Develop communication within the team on a day to day basis.
- Resolve complex queries.
- Develop collaboration with colleagues, clients and external counter-parties
- Equivalent to a minimum second class honours degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Accounting qualification an advantage
- Approximately 2+ years hedge experience in a fund accounting environment
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical/analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written