Technical Accountant - Newly Qualified
Due to continued growth our client, a leading organisation in Dublin 2 looking recruit a Technical Account at newly qualified/ Assistant Manager level to join this developing team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting and financial reporting knowledge in a supporting role that enables great development both personally and professionally. Working within Professional Standards you will be responsible principally for providing support to the Technical Director on a variety of topics. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
- Assisting the technical director with the provision of technical support to staff in areas of UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 101/102), IFRS, Companies Acts, and Auditing Standards, where queries arise;
- Assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical training;
- Completion of detailed hot reviews on IFRS financial statements for technical accuracy and compliance;
- Completion of detailed reviews of financial statements in line with Companies’ Acts and financial reporting standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced;
- Provide ad-hoc technical support to other departments and clients where required;
- Provide assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when require to include preparation for Regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns; and
- Work on one-off and recurring projects as and when required.
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Strong technical accounting skills and an interest in Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS;
- Must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership of themselves and eager to learn;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills; and
- Excellent team player