Senior Financial Accountant
DHRP are partnering a boutique Financial Services organisation specialising in Wealth Management and Investments who are looking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant to join their growing finance team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant, to work closely with Senior Management up to Board Level. The successful candidate will be a leader, confident, influential and focused on developing a long term career as a member of the team. Immediate responsibilities will include supporting Senior Management in directing and controlling all aspects of the Finance function.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts and other Management Reports.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasting.
- Analyse and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Statements with supporting working papers.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements with comprehensive working papers for audit review.
- Preparation of regular returns for the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Control reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and preparing journals.
- Preparation of other statutory returns that arise.
- Up-dating procedures, within the scope of the role as required.
- Working with other departments in developing and reporting on financial targets.
- Working with IT on further automating the Finance function.
- Other ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA etc along with 3 – 5 years post qualification experience.
- Financial Services experience is a requirement for this role.
- Audit experience is advantageous though not an essential requirement for this role.
- People management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint and other business applications.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks would be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to report to Senior Management, up to and including Board Level.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self motivated.
- Ability to manage workload in an efficient manner and pay close attention to detail.