We are working on an exciting new role for a recently qualified Management Accountant – FP&A to join a growing and progressive business. This role involves monitoring revenue and expenditure across the firm, highlighting variances and working closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that growth is appropriately monitored and managed. The position will also involve the development of forward looking financial plans and budgets for the firm along with the provision of monthly management reporting and analysis. The FP&A accountant will be responsible for continued improvement to process/ controls and financial input into other projects as required by the Senior Finance Manager and the Head of Finance.
- Performance management and reporting
- Providing and communicating weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
- Preparation of financial information for inclusion in the monthly presentation submitted to the leadership team.
- Profit & Loss consolidation reporting.
- Preparation and issuing of financial reporting packs for key stakeholders.
- Interpreting financial information and providing appropriate analysis to budget owners / interested parties so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with other members of the Finance team to develop best-in-class reporting and analysis to drive understanding of performance and communication of this to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient management of expenditure to ensure that costs are appropriate and in line with budgets, liaising with teams across the firm to ensure that costs are understood.
- Contributing to the continued development and maintenance of the financial knowledge and awareness of budget holders, the management team and other relevant interested parties
- Support the annual financial planning and regular forecast process and liaise with the relevant departments to ensure sign-off by all key stakeholders.
- Proactively review and challenge the financial plans/ forecasts and understand key drivers and assumptions.
- Preparing and inputting budgets and forecasts as required.
- Liaising with financial controllers to determine budget plans for the firm, working with the Senior Finance Manager to review, analyse and challenge plans.
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a minimum of 1 years PQE in a commercially focused FP&A role, with proven experience in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience in producing budgets, forecasts and management accounts for multi-departmental/ business units.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, delivering to tight deadlines through the consideration of risk, importance and level of urgency.