Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join to join the finance function of one of Ireland’s largest and most successful employers as an FP&A Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning & forecasting the activities for the business. Working closely all the business leads the FP&A accountant ensures that key decision makers have the information and analysis available to make the best choices. This role involves monitoring revenue and expenditure across the business, highlighting variances and working closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that growth is appropriately monitored and managed. This is a unique and exciting opportunity with strong career progression available.
- Performance management and reporting
- Providing and communicating weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
- Preparation of financial information for inclusion in the monthly presentation submitted to the leadership team.
- Profit & Loss consolidation reporting.
- Preparation and issuing of financial reporting packs for key stakeholders.
- Interpreting financial information and providing appropriate analysis to budget owners / interested parties so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with other members of the Finance team to develop best-in-class reporting and analysis to drive understanding of performance and communication of this to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient management of expenditure to ensure that costs are appropriate and in line with budgets, liaising with teams across the firm to ensure that costs are understood.
- Contributing to the continued development and maintenance of the financial knowledge and awareness of budget holders, the management team and other relevant interested parties.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Support the annual financial planning and regular forecast process and liaise with the relevant departments to ensure sign-off by all key stakeholders.
- Proactively review and challenge the financial plans/ forecasts and understand key drivers and assumptions.
- Preparing and inputting budgets and forecasts as required.
- Liaising with financial controllers to determine budget plans for the firm, working with the Senior Finance Manager to review, analyse and challenge plans.
- Recently qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with some commercially focused experience in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience in producing budgets, forecasts, and management accounts for multi-departmental/ business units.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, delivering to tight deadlines through the consideration of risk, importance, and level of urgency.
- An ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through the skillful gathering and analysis of information.
- Ability to demonstrate data analytic capabilities preferred
- A high degree of accuracy, effective planning and relentless attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resilience, flexibility and calmness under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships across the finance team, key stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Sound judgment, unquestionable ethics, and integrity with a high degree of transparency and trust.
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.