Our client a global consultancy have an immediate requirement for a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for building, maintaining, and reporting the costs of numerous development projects. The Financial Analyst will support the Dublin-based budget managers in creation of budgets by product and activity; this requires competent interaction with the development teams to acquire and translate product specs into a working budget. The Financial Analyst will perform detailed analyses of project costs and assist the budget managers in monthly reforecasting and reporting activities. This position requires a high level of problem-solving, flexibility, and initiative.
- Collaborate with the development teams to translate product needs into component specifications for budgeting.
- Create project-level budgets by activity by unit based on key cost drivers, utilizing best estimated specs and likely vendor rates; record commitments and update spend pacing.
- Update budget forecasts with spec and/or rate changes and escalate variances to the appropriate team members for mitigation prior to work.
- Assist with monthly variance reports for in-flight projects.
- Assist budget managers with month-end forecasting and ad-hoc reporting.
- Accurately address and/or escalate budget queries from development teams.
- 3 or more years prior experience working in a financial or product development role within a large organization
- Detailed working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Experience working with multi-location, cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in English essential
- Analytical skills for the purpose of providing the best financial reporting solutions
- A high standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize workload and respond with flexibility
- Ability to anticipate issues and time/cost pressures
- Aptitude to own and manage small to medium sized projects
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce results reliably
- Project management experience
- Prior budgeting experience in a product development environment
- Educational publishing experience
- Working knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system