Finance/ Technical Manager
DHRP are working with a NEW client who is looking to really expand their service offerings for 2016. They are currently looking to appoint a Finance/ Technical Manager to refine, streamline and continually improve their audit methodology to ensure it remains fit for purpose, complies with the Professional standards and Regulatory requirements.
- Analyse and design audit standards and quality objectives to develop and implement a framework within which the business will operate that exceeds the minimum requirements of the Professional bodies.
- Set audit standards and quality objectives against which the business is measured in terms of audit work, compliance with audit methodology, the quality and efficiency of its execution and delivery, the focus and completeness of its planning, the robustness of its opinions and the quality of its reporting.
- Develop and take ownership of audit methodology and ensure it supports the businesses vision and values. Through a process of continuous review, update the methodology to support evolving audit strategy and streamline their approach to the planning, risk assessment, audit execution, reporting and ultimate sign-off of all audit files.
- Work in partnership with the Lead Assurance Partner to define the objectives and quality of all key management information. Provide regular analysis and reporting against the businesses KPIs and KRIs.
- Define and execute a programme of quality assurance to ensure that the practice risks are mitigated. Challenge.
- Sets objectives, deliver training and coach audit teams on ‘leading edge’ best practices, on how to effectively deliver high quality audit assignments to meet their objectives.
- Monitor industry developments, approaches and best practice, develop and implement processes and policies in order to maintain a leading edge audit methodology and fit for purpose position.
- This role requires an individual, with experience in business and people management and with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing high quality deliverables within strict timetables.
- Professional accounting (ACA,/ ACCA,) and experience in a similar position
- IFRS Diploma desirable
- Extensive experience of Audit principles and practices and able to provide authoritative guidance to auditors.
- Demonstrable understanding of risk management principles and practices.
- Understanding of Regulatory Risk, Corporate Governance practices and frameworks.